The Course is a course, of course, of course

Moderator: JohnH

JohnH
Site Admin
The Course is a course, of course, of course

Post by JohnH » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:53 pm

A silly title to this post, but I was thinking of the old Mr. Ed TV show and its catchy theme song. Many of you may not be old enough to remember this show about a talking horse. I found the show funny as a youngster. I forgot not to laugh.

What does the Course mean when it says that the Son of God "remembered not to laugh"?:

T-27.VIII.6 Let us return the dream he gave away unto the dreamer, who perceives the dream as separate from himself and done to him. Into eternity, where all is one, there crept a tiny, mad idea, at which the Son of God remembered not to laugh. In his forgetting did the thought become a serious idea, and possible of both accomplishment and real effects. Together, we can laugh them both away, and understand that time cannot intrude upon eternity. It is a joke to think that time can come to circumvent eternity, which means there is no time.

Does it mean that if the Son of God had laughed off the tiny mad idea (in other words released it), that we would not be hung up on our imaginary fragmented world? Yes! But this paragraph offers hope by revealing that we can still laugh away this perceived world together with the Holy Spirit. If only we can remember this fact, we can shortcut a lot of time we spend in this dream. That sounds like a noble and useful goal to me. What would Mr. Ed say?Image
T-10.IV.8 In many only the spark remains, for the Great Rays are obscured. Yet God has kept the spark alive so that the Rays can never be completely forgotten.