Living a Course in Miracles

Moderator: JohnH

JohnH
Site Admin
Living a Course in Miracles

Post by JohnH » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:43 am

How do you "live" a Course in Miracles? Yes, you can do the lessons and read the text, but what can you do beyond that? If you are anything like me, you may catch yourself doing things that you don't want to do. The other day I was swearing (to myself) in my car at the other drivers on the road. Then I realized that's not the state of mind I wanted to be in; it was not consistent with what I am learning. The first step was to forgive myself for what I had not done. Beating up on myself for my behavior would only reinforce the ego's pattern of projection. Next, I had to decide to release the anger that I was projecting out onto the other drivers. Finally, I had to accept that I was making some progress after all.

These are not easy steps we take, but with practice, they get easier. I keep exposing myself to the teachings of the course. Little by little, I am collapsing time in this made up world, which is the whole purpose of this course.
T-10.IV.8 In many only the spark remains, for the Great Rays are obscured. Yet God has kept the spark alive so that the Rays can never be completely forgotten.